Who Am I?…
- Child of God. A woman of strong Christian faith.
- Wife. Married since 1989. Love my man!
- Mother. Family is so important to me. My husband and I have 2 son’s together, Jonathon and Montana. I have 5 stepchildren- Jeff, Jonathan, Amber, Fallon, and Dustin (whom I helped raise). We have 5 “adopted” children (teens and young adults we have taken in)- Jeannette, Chrissy, Natalie, Kelsey, and Anthony. And, we have had 8 foreign exchange students (from the Czech Republic, Germany, Netherlands, and the rest from Japan). God just keeps sending them! Will we ever get to be empty nesters?
- Grandma. We have 15 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren! There are 2 more grands on the way! Never get to see them enough since they are scattered all over. 🙁
- Crafter. I love to rubberstamp, scrapbook, and make home decor items. That is why I am a creative coach and Independent SU! Demonstrator. Other crafts I enjoy include crocheting, crewel work, hardanger embroidery, and making jewelry.
- So many interests… Too little time! Reading, Cooking, Traveling, Hunting, Motorcycle Riding, Teaching, Classic Car Shows, History (especially 1800’s), Genealogy, Biology and Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Gardening (Flower and Herbs), Arabian Horses, Nigerian Dwarf and Nigora Goats, Australian Shepherd Dogs, and so much more!
(Bey’s first horseshow-Qualified for Regionals)(Sweet Pea at 8 Weeks)
(Teacup at 12 hours- 2 pounds)
(Jim’s BD Ride, 2014)
The Technical Stuff…
- B.A. from Berea College in 1982. Studied Biology, Animal Science, and Education.
- M.A. from New Mexico State University in 1988. Studied Educational Management with a minor in Counseling and Educational Psychology. Also did my Student Teaching and finished my Teaching Certificate for Biology 4-12.
- Heritage College, to get my K-8 Teaching Endorsement.
Some of the Jobs I Have Held…
- Independent SU! Demonstrator
- Ranch Manager
- Woodworking Department, Machine Shop at Berea College.
- Teaching Assistant in the Biology Department at Berea College.
- Picker for Guerney Seeds
- Veterinary Technician
- Extension Agent for 4-H, Agriculture, and Agriculture 4-H
- Graduate Assistant for the VP of Student Affairs at NMSU working in Alcohol Education and Staff Development
- Cross Country Truck Driver
- Homeschool Teacher, Substitute Teacher for K-12 in all subjects, and College Professor
- Writer: 4-H Herb Project Book, 4-H Horseless Horse Project Book, 4-H Communication Project, Numerous Newsletters (4-H, Agriculture, and Inland Empire Arabian Horse Club), Several Regular Newscolumns, and Homeschool Curriculum
- Horseshow Music
- Field Editor for Country Magazine.
Want to know more? Just ask!…
Happy Stampin’ and Scrappin’! Paula